Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday fun!

I don't know about you but I really enjoyed my Thanksgiving week. My parents and I spent the week down in Ohio. The weekend before Thanksgiving we stayed with my Uncle John and on Sunday my dad spoke at Westlake Bible Fellowship and then I spoke to the Awana kids during their counsel time. After all that my mom and I went to my cousin Jen's house where her husband and daughter were along with my other cousins and their 4 boys. Needless to say it was a busy fun filled house. We just did a whole lot of nothing while there. We would stay up late everynight because that was our time alone when the kids were asleep. Here are my cousins on the couch ready for our night of fun

Here I am all alone in the big chair

My dad stayed with my Uncle John until Tuesday when I went and picked him up. Then came the great Thanksgiving day. I have to say my cousin Drew did a fantastic job on the turkey. Everything else just came out great. Oh if only we had some leftovers. :(
After the gluttony producing dinner we occupied ourselves with just hanging out, played some video games, and took some family pictures.Playing some Guitar Hero


A blurry photo of my little cousin Noah giving his best John Lennon impression

The whole family

It was a great time. It was even more fun because almost everyone was there which was a first in a while. Everyone made it except my cousin Mike who is in Iraq, but he did get to call and pray with us. Sorry for the long post but I thought you would like the pictures that I absconded from everyone's cameras. :) Happy Thanksgiving

1 comment:

ken said...

JC - Thanks for sharing the snapshots. Oh boy, am I dating myself. We had a quiet Thanksgiving - beginning with a 2am run to ER. LuAnn's dad (82) felt like his throat was closing up and actually wanted to go, even if it meant admission (rare for this man). All is well and we were home in time for breakfast and then a nap till noon. We decided to have a turkey on Sat. and opted for meatloaf on Thur. First time in my life that I can remember, to not have turkey - but we are thankful Lu's dad is doing somewhat better. In Christ, ken